Monday, January 31, 2011

New Blog - And This Is Good Old Boston

Since new material for the Remember Jamaica Plain site is coming slow, I thought I'd extend the franchise and do a Boston-themed blog. Thus: And This Is Good Old Boston. Of course you recognize the words:

And this is good old Boston
The home of the bean and the cod
Where the Lowells talk only to the Cabots
And the Cabots talk only to God.

I'll be trying to show the familiar in unfamiliar places, and remember the once-famous and now forgotten. So far I've looked at M.I.T. in Boston, the original Museum of Fine Arts, Boston's Newspaper Row, the gradual growth of the State House, and the Roxbury-South End border. Next up is a look at the South Boston Marine Park. I'll try to add at least one post per week. I may add links to other sites and book reviews as well. Come over and check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment